Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Son the Fashionista

My gay son went clothes shopping because just everything was so not right. He got 2 pairs of very straight legged jeans and I asked him why he got that kind. Didn't they have any gay legged jeans? I got the eye roll (I'm so glad the eye roll is not just a hetero thing, as I'd miss it if one of my kids stopped using it). The jeans were too long and he asked if I could shorten them but he was concerned that it would look "gay" if I just cut them off and hemmed them. I said, I thought "gay" was a good thing. It seems the term gay can mean good or bad. Just like once bad, could mean good or bad. I'm so confused. Anyway I got so excited as I know how to cut the hem off and reattach it so the ratty looking hem looks like its been there always. He says, That's it, that's what I want. He asked how I knew to do this. From Queer Eye for the Straight Guy show, but I figure I could work it as Straight Eye for the Queer Guy. I got a head shack and an eye roll.

This morning he showed me his newest purchase. A hoodie with no sleeves. He was wearing it without another shirt underneath. It was a minty green. I said, Aaron, that's great! You look so gay. He said, I'm going to wear something under it. He comes back later to show me his new look. He's got a blue and white wide striped hooded shirt under the sleeveless hoodie. I told him he reminded me of Gordon MacRae in Carousel. He said, huh? I said, you look like a carnie, you know those guys who work the rides at the fair. He walked away shaking his head, rolling his eyes and muttering under his breath.

I'm getting so hip with today's gay fashions. Was Gordon MacRae gay? He sure dressed it.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahahahaha. I would roll my eyes, too. :)

    Michael.

    ReplyDelete