Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wedding Count Down

We are now just over 2 weeks to the wedding of the year. I think we finally have a handle on things as I have told my daughter to stop trying so hard and not try to turn it into Cirque du Soleil. She is afraid that people will be bored and want to leave. My future son in law said this is his fault as he doesn't like to hang out at weddings once the cake is cut.

It should be a good party. We have great food, good music and lots of drink. I made sure I have lots of my friends and my family there as my ex in-laws can make my life hell and I need people around me that like me.

We have focused so much on the setting up and taking down of the wedding that we haven't given thought to us actually enjoying it. I'm sure once we start things will be great.

I'm now making lists. I do this for all my activities. I make a list of each stage of the wedding and I make a list for each section of the ceremony and reception. I will break these down into what needs to be done and what do we need to have. Once this is done, I will assign duties to everyone from set up to take down. I'm sure it won't be without mishaps but life is full of them and we all seem to keep functioning.

It's going to be a great party, I really can't wait. I love Brianne and Marcus!

No comments:

Post a Comment