Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us

Today is our 14th anniversary. This is my second marriage. My first ended after my 12th anniversary but we weren't divorced until after the 13th one passed without fanfare. So I feel this is quite a mile stone. Not because I doubted we would would get here. Robert is wonderful and we are wonderful together. He brings out the best in me and a day never goes by that I don't appreciate what I have.

We were married in a park in Renton on Lake Washington. The day started out rainy and dull but as it came time for our little ceremony on the dock, the sun came out and we felt the warmth of it on our faces (ok the wind was cold and I almost didn't take my coat off, but I didn't want to get married in my coat!). Brianne and Aaron stood by my side, our family and friends surrounded us and Rob and I pledged our love.

Together we can face anything, do anything. I have no fears on what life can bring because he is always there.

I know that I am fortunate. That not everyone has what I have. We are all those sappy love songs but for us, its just right.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, November is a big month for anniversaries in the Land O'Blogs. Mine is Sunday and we both had to do the math to figure out it's number 12.

    Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY belated ANNIVERSARY! That is a major achievement and you should be super excited and proud and kissy with each other :)

    ReplyDelete