Monday, November 30, 2009

Premeditated Acts of Violence

Yesterday 4 Police Officers were slain by a lone gunman who entered a coffee shop known as a police hangout in a town near where I live. He went in with the intent to kill police officers. This incident comes less than a month after a car side shooting in Seattle where an officer was targeted. They have a suspect in the Seattle killing in custody. They have a suspect in the shooting yesterday but haven't found him to arrest as yet.

I am very upset by these killings. I'm frightened. The hubs is a police officer. Although we didn't know the officers slain or their families, we know what kind of people they are. They are us.

Do I worry about my hubs job? Yes
Do I wish he wasn't a cop? No
Would I ask him to change jobs? Never

I have immense pride in him and all those in law enforcement. He loves what he does. It takes a special person to be a cop. They don't do it for the money (it's not the best paying job around). They don't do it for the glory. They do it because they believe in our country, our communities, our safety.

I hope I never have to face what the families of those officers are going through. I pray my husband and his coworkers, his friends, never have to face a crazed killer.

2 comments:

  1. hang in there. my dad was a cop.. so was my brother and my brother in law, and now my sister. i read all about this story... apparently no one was specifically targeted, but he was hoping to kill cops, right? so so so sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it's been a while since I've stopped by! Nice to read your words again.

    It's good that your husband does it in the name of safety and security. Definitely worthy of your respect and pride.

    Michael.
    Do you hate it too?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    Holy Holism!

    ReplyDelete